tirsdag 2. august 2011

Under 100 hours left

Okey people.. We are counting days up here in Norway, in Kristiansand. The pastaparty is on it's second straight day. Yesterday was pasta with chicken and some sauce. Today the chef has fixed some real deal with pasta and meatsauce. Exactly like we love it..:) Off course we need some vegetables beside also, but that's just to make it look nice. I mean, real men don't eat vegetables to be stronger do they.. :)
Pastaparty has become the pastaweek now before the Norseman Xtreme Ironman Triathlon :)
I think most of my equipment is starting to get ready, and my body is starting to pump some extra. The bike is prepared. My Lightweight-wheels is pumped up and checked. They seems even lighter and stiffer this year, and i know they will be my best friend for the bikecourse. You don't find better wheels anywere, and thats good to have in mind.. My boxes with the swimming-gear, cycling-gear and running-gear are packed and ready, along with the box with all my energy-gear. What's left now is only to fill the bottles with the energydrink and i'm ready to go..

When it comes to my energybox this year it will contain some new things this year. I have been testing some meal-replacer called Fresubin, and i will for sureuse some of this. Thanks to Tom Remman i found this :) Additionally i will use some Maxim energy bars, and gels from Squeezy, Enervit and Maxim. I use 3 different gels just to change what type of gel iuse, and don't get stuck to one flavour. I especially look forward to the cokegel from Enervit. Thats a really nice one, tasting really good also. I also pack some more "regular" food, as sandwiches with jam, and off course a lot off water, Coke and Red Bull. And last, but not least i will off course bring my little friend against cramps - Crampfix..

This year i will compete in a triathlonsuit from Trimtex. This means a fullsuit you can swim, bike and run with. I have not testeted this on the previous 3 attempts on Norseman, but rather changed for each leg. I use this to cut down "dead-time" as good as possible. Last year i used about 8 minutes in the transitionarea, were the best athletes use only around 2 minutes. To conclude this means i loose almost 6 minutes only in the transitions, and i would like to not do so this year. Not that i think that 6 minutes is so much in the whole race, but i want to be stornger in the psycological game, and think that this would help me a little:)

The suit is off course in my own design, witch means i have choosen the colours, and that my partners have their logo printed on it - very nice. So watch out for this suit flying over Hardangervidda on saturday :)

I have also decided to use my time trial bike this year as well. I do this because i feel it's the best for my power compared to a regular road race bike with attached bars. I guess this choice means my back legs and ass muscles will be more tired, but i have calculated this is the best for the overall result..

This time i also add a video that was made for Norseman Xtreme Triathlon last year. Without a doubt the best triathlonvideo i know about. So if you want a greater view of what Norseman is all about i really recomend you to use 8 minutes on this video.


In the end i also want to add an amazing story from "the other side". Very often the altjhletes describes their journey after the competition. How it was to do it, and what challenges that they had to fight against on their journey. But this story is from a memeber of my friend's supportcrew at Norseman 2009. I really love how he gets the smaller points out. Kim, we still really love you for all you have :) Unfortunately this is only in norwegain text, but please use google translate if you want to.. :)

"SUPPORTTEAMET FRA HÆLVETE...."

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar